Summer has well and truly arrived, and while many of us will be staying at home for the duration, others will be jetting off to faraway shores for a little bit of foreign sunshine. After all, even when the sun is shining brightly in the UK, it’s nice to be able to escape the rat race for a couple of days or weeks for a well-deserved vacation.
In the run up to the holiday, you will need to plan your suitcase essentials. It is best to plan ahead, rather than throwing everything in at the last minute, because you will be able to use the time inbetween to pick up some new gear from the various holiday shop ranges on the high street and in the supermarkets.
What do you actually need though? It’s best to pack light so that you don’t end up paying extra for your baggage allowance, so a few statement pieces that can be mixed and matched would be ideal.
From clothes to toiletries, take a look at these holiday suitcase essentials, and check them off if you have them already!
- The maxi dress is a fabulous addition to any suitcase. Plus, you don’t have to spend a lot on one either, with the George maxi dress range being great value and simply fabulous. Team with sandals and a bolero or shrug for mild evenings, but consider wearing them during the day too, because of how cool, floaty and lightweight they are.
- A sun hat is essential to keep the harmful sun’s rays away from your head and eyes. Choose a straw based hat, such as a fedora or a trilby, to look bang on trend. Alternatively, a wide brimmed straw hat will help to keep the sun out of your eyes poolside and at the beach. Opt for a hat that is simple in colour, so that it will match any outfit.
- It essential that you remember sun cream, because avoiding skin damage is crucial. It can cost a lot of money once you are at your chosen destination, while you can take advantage of various deals when you’re still on home turf. You may wish to take some aftersun with you as well.
- Mosquito repellent will help to keep the buzzing blighters at bay and prevent you from scratching bites until they bleed. You can also purchase plugin mosquito repellents, which will help to keep them away from your apartment or hotel room.
- For the lazy days on the beach, a book is a must. Catch up with your latest read, or treat yourself to a new holiday book from the bestselling range. Alternatively, a Kindle would be ideal because it means you can take more books with you, without thinking about the space in your suitcase that they will occupy.
Stock up on some essentials such a short cami tops and vest tops and look forward to a holiday abroad where you can let go of everyday life and recharge those batteries.